Sunday, February 21, 2010

Project 1- In with the Old, Out with the New



This project was about taking an old advertisement for one of the latest Kodak cameras in 1917 and modernizing it with a twist. I wanted the ad to have the same specifications from the old one but written in a much more current way, with the look of how ads are today. I also wanted to do this in a humorous way, trying to say that old is better and you should get rid of the new. So the ad has elements of both present and past, which hopefully in a way works.

The biggest problems I faced was creating appropriate lighting, making sure the model looked correct from all angles, and creating surface details (which eventually some had to be forgone). All in all I think that I learned a lot from the experience in creating from scratch and maintaining my cool and even more importantly, working my way out of a corner (which seems to happen a lot).

Here are my renders that I used if you would like a closer look (took forever to get!):





And here is the old ad to kind of get the feel what I was working off of:

No comments:

Post a Comment